nerdneck
Jan 27, 19
hey
Jan 29, 19
Heyyy
Jan 29, 19
whats up
Jan 31, 19
Anyone else lose their enjin account link or tags on forums?
Jan 31, 19
All my stuff disappeared loll
Jan 31, 19
naope
Feb 1, 19
enjin died im pretty sure
Feb 3, 19
yikes
Feb 3, 19
I think they stripped all ranks except staff ranks on the forums
Feb 3, 19
I used to have pres4 and coal on the forums, now it's just mod
Feb 11, 19
Hello!
Feb 11, 19
I wanted to know if you could add a valid discord link
Type a message...
Welcome to Chat

Working...

Forums
Page
of 2

Chat Colours

14 replies
Untagged users
Alright, the chat colours in the chat are down right distracting. They are actually annoying as the odd colours and fonts are spewed in your face. Now I know that many people are fans of the colours but, they actually cause some issues I have a friend named BananasChewGum who solely left because the chat colours are too annoying. Honestly I don't see any practicality to them, they are purely for vanity and that is great, but it has been pushed too far. I am fairly sure that the chat is a danger for epileptics. For a fact I can say it is very distracting to newer players
Keep chat colours
7 votes
46.7%
Get rid of chat colours
8 votes
53.3%
Number of voters: 15
Posted Jul 16, 17 · OP
Untagged users
I think the colors and italics are fine as well; but bold, like you said, should be reserved for Youtube, Twitch, Donators, and ranks like those. Though, I wouldn't mind if certain levels got it as well. (Example: level 30 gets a bold chat color)
Posted Aug 1, 17
Untagged users
You are right. I often struggle to read what my friend is trying to say because of the overwhelming amount of colours in the chat. However, getting rid o them out-right would never work out.

I would suggest making it harder to get the brighter and more noticeable colours. This would be warm colours, such as red, green, yellow and hues in between. You could unlock these colours by reaching the highest level of a certain quest, much like how you can unlock the bold white chat colour, being a certain donor rank, or from opening a higher tiered crate key.

Other colours, like blue, grey, and hues in between could be available for all players to unlock with a higher chance than the warm colours. Of course, bold would be more difficult to unlock, even as difficult as it'd be to unlock the warmer colours.

The reason I have suggested the above is because, as chaosinblade mentioned:
Chaosinblade wrote:
I am fairly sure that the chat is a danger for epileptics.
I know myself my eyes hurt just trying to read through the different colour schemes in chat. Now I realise that the admins and owners of the server can not simply take away the unlocks from players, but perhaps put more of a hold on unlocking them. I personally use a bold aqua chat colour because it's readable and doesn't spam the chat as some other colours do.
jcgrapezz.jpg

a.phpi=14&h=Achievement+Unlocked%21&t=Collect+1+Grape.png

Posted Aug 3, 17
Untagged users
I think chat colors should stay. However they should implement a toggle command to turn colors on and off so it causes less of a distraction to players who want it off.
The Cookie Monster Will Eat You!
Posted Jan 27, 19
I agree in the sense that donators should unlock chat colors/Bold chat if they donate. But this will most likely not happen due to the server already being exposed to chat colors for so long.
Astro
Posted Jan 28, 19
You can always edit chat in settings.
Astro
Posted Jan 28, 19
Page
of 2
Top Posters
6862 Posts
1771 Posts
1399 Posts
1283 Posts